So you have a dream or something you wish to achieve (if not, start dreaming). Now start acquiring the knowledge and skills to fulfill your dreams . Hereunder are some places to start. We recommend that you take a moment to go through each category to find out whether there is anything relevant for you.
Certain learning practices will help you to learn more easily. Rural Web has developed a learning method which has as side-effect that information is collected and organized in such a way that other learners may benefit from your work.
- Collect the best resources (to come back to or to work on later when you have time for it.)
- Search Rural Web's Chest of knowledge first, then search the web for more
- Add new resources to our collection & rate resources you’ve used to help others find good material
- Learn by explaining – make tutorial videos, slide shows, use wikiversity, join or start a learning circle
- Learn by doing – start working on making your dreams come true and apply what you’ve learnt in practice as soon as possible.
- Ask, get feedback & get help – communicate about what you’re learning. You’ll learn more from what others will tell you (Search the communities in the knowledge chest.)
Online & offline learning circles
Members of the Rural Web Community organize online and offline learning circles. Because learning goes faster if you do it together with others. Find out if there’s a learning circle close to you, or online that you can join. You can also set up your own learning circle.