Rural Web is an ICT for Development initiative (ICT4D). We promote personal, professional and community development by inspiring, sharing and reaching out. Life long learning and acquiring (ICT) skills are at the heart of our ways.
Join Our Web
We use Rweb (pronounce Our web) as a shorthand for Rural Web. But it is also a metaphor. As an ICT4D initiative, we promote being familiar with the internet: we own the web. We know how to use it, but also contribute to its development. At the same time you will find us across many social media which are interlinked: our web.
To join us:
- Use Rural Web or #Rweb to find us anywhere.
- Our Facebook Page is the portal to a host of Facebook Groups ( EN | FR | ICT )
- Follow our Community manager's Vlog: Cheryl Van Kempen tries to apply Rural Web's ways in her own life.
- Subscribe to the quarterly Newsletter
Use Our Tools
The following tools should teach you more about Rural Web and help you achieve your goals:
- Our Chest of knowledge - an ever growing knowledgebase, referring you to organisations and resources elsewhere on the web.
- A recipe for success: dream, learn, do & achieve - An explanation of how to apply the mantra.
- Learning Circles - Effective learning is best done in groups. We can show you how to set up a learning circle and find peers to learn with.
- A community and network - Networks are vital to reach what you want. Rural Web offers the opportunity to become part of a large family of like-minded people. And this network is full of knowledge and resources which you can tap into.