About Rural Web
Rural Web is an ICT for Development initiative. We share knowledge for development: personal, professional and community development. We promote life long learning, group-learning and learning by doing. This includes, but is not limited to, learning to do more with ICT and apply it to reach our goals.
We connect people from very different communities, because we can all learn from each-other. Virtually anybody can participate in RuralWeb. We are:
- Living in developing & developed communities,
- tech & non-tech
- Officially formed & self-made
- Individuals & organisations
"I started Rural Web because on my travels I always meet people who I'd like to help, but can't help. People who are not helped by NGOs and therefore have to help themselves. At the same time, I always come across interesting information which could benefit these people and NGOs working in developing countries. Rural Web now allows me to help people help themselves." - Cheryl Van Kempen, initiator of Rweb
Rural Web promotes certain behaviours and activities and therefore also represents a way of life.
If you live by our ways, you are likely to be on the path to achieve what you want. Our recipe for success is based on the mantra to dream, learn, do & achieve
. Other ways we promote:
- Dare to share
- Connect and participate
You can learn our ways by following Rural Web and through our tools.
The following tools should teach you more about Rural Web and help you achieve your goals:
- Our Chest of knowledge - an ever growing knowledgebase, referring you to organisations and resources elsewhere on the web.
- A recipe for success: dream, learn, do & achieve - An explanation of how to apply the mantra.
- Learning Circles - Effective learning is best done in groups. We can show you how to set up a learning circle and find peers to learn with.
- A community and network - Networks are vital to reach what you want. Rural Web offers the opportunity to become part of a large family of like-minded people. And this network is full of knowledge and resources which you can tap into.